Siegfried meets Maggie

What people are working on at the moment
Freedom Sounds
User

#1 Siegfried meets Maggie

Post by Freedom Sounds »

I'm about half way through building my Linkwitz LX521's and as I have the bass section completed thought I would try them out on the bottom of my rebuilt Magneplanar MG2.5rs. They blend in really well (using MiniSHARC DSP) and provide some real weight to the bottom end. As the LX521 bass section is a 2ohm load I'm driving them with a QSC RMX1450. It will be fascinating to see how the mid and top end of the LX521 compares to the Maggies, I hope to have the rest of the LX521 completed by Christmas now I'm semi-retired.

Here's a couple of pics:

[img][img]http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc480/musicmusic2/455600_zps2200ff80.jpg[/img][/img]

[img][img]http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc480/musicmusic2/459600_zps9c889f30.jpg[/img][/img]

Gordon
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Dave the bass »

Whooooarrrrrr! Speakers with Zips on, like it! Like it a lot! Undoing the zip makes 'em go louder yeah?! :)

DTB
"The fat bourgeois and his doppelganger"
steve s
Shed dweller

Post by steve s »

Thats a really nice looking system, and one that makes my new baffles look small. I only show my better half photos of kit on the forum when its bigger than what we have at home.
I bet that sounds good.
The tube manual is quite like a telephone book. The number of it perfect. It is useful to make it possible to speak with a girl. But we can't see her beautiful face from the telephone number
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Dave the bass »

These are coming to Owster's I think aren't they SteveS? Hope so, I've never heard Maggies before.
Freedom Sounds
User

Post by Freedom Sounds »

I would love to bring the big Maggies, but I'm afraid those "zipped" ribbons (i like that - never thought of them like that before!) don't travel well, so I will be bringing smaller and older sister the MG1s. Hopefully they will still give you a flavour of the Maggie sound, even if they don't have the resolution and scale of the bigger ribbon models.

Gordon
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Dave the bass »

Oooo yeah, ta Gordon. I'd like to hear the tiddlers.

DTB