OP Amp upgrade for DSP

What people are working on at the moment
vinylnvalves
Old Hand

#1 OP Amp upgrade for DSP

Post by vinylnvalves »

I am looking at upgrading the OP amps in my Nadja DSP. I know some people have used BB Opa 627's with success. I having looked into this and i find as you would expect contradictory opinions on the web, between using "A" and "B" grades. Some say that the B grades which from the spec have a better DC offset sound harsher than the A grade ones. To me as an engineer i cannot believe this as won't they just be the same IC's just graded?

Anybody got any direct experience of these OP amps? I have chosen these as they are a direct drop in ( once i have soldered them onto a brown dog dual adaptor)

I need 12 -so its not something i want to just buy and try - not with the price of them from a reputable source. If anybody knows of a source of "real" ones thats cheap then that would be appreciated.
vinylnvalves
Old Hand

Post by vinylnvalves »

I know this may be a long shot.

There is someone on ebay offering some opa627bp's at a good price, who is adament that they are real ones, and will offer to send them on a return basis. How easy is it to check if these OP amps are fake, and would it be something that could be verified at Owston next saturday if i brought them along?