811a SET amp.

What people are working on at the moment
Nick
Site Admin

Post by Nick »

Yep, still got them and the 10k transformers I used. The harder bit was the 5A heaters, should be simple now :-)
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
Andrew
Eternally single

Post by Andrew »

Nick wrote:Yep, still got them and the 10k transformers I used. The harder bit was the 5A heaters, should be simple now :-)
Is it a DHT? It should be easy enough to adapt the GM70 DHT heater circuit to do 5A, if not as you say, even easier.

Andrew
Analogue, the lost world that lies between 0 and 1.
Nick
Site Admin

Post by Nick »

Yep, DHT. Just checked, its 5v 6.5A, but should still be ok.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
Andrew
Eternally single

Post by Andrew »

OK, great, well gives me a good excuse to finish the circuit.
Paul Barker
Social Sevices have been notified

#230 Re: 811a SET amp.

Post by Paul Barker »

As I am working away for ongoing medium term. Progress halted. I brought my iron away with me but thought better of setting off the Premier inn linked fire response. Might not have enough insurance to dry out a Premier in if sprinklers go off.
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

#231 Re: 811a SET amp.

Post by IslandPink »

I like your style . What you need is a portable electronics assembly booth, with fume extraction, that you can drag around as a trailer behind the van .
"Once you find out ... the Circumstances ; then you can go out"
Paul Barker

#232 Re: 811a SET amp.

Post by Paul Barker »

I may hunt for the lighter fuel soldering iron I have somewhere in Barker Towers. Set up a soldering station in the back of the van, and a led light to work by. just do an hour on the odd evening.
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein
Andrew
Eternally single

#233 Re: 811a SET amp.

Post by Andrew »

Doesn't a Weller TCP iron use a 12v supply? If it does, should be simply a case of using the van's battery...

Andrew
Paul Barker

#234 Re: 811a SET amp.

Post by Paul Barker »

I did have a thought towards that. Don't remember if iT is 12 or 24. I'll investigate. The back of the van needs to be adapted though. I am not sitting on a mountain of stuff. Maybe I'll sit in passenger seat with a tray or something. At least that will be light.
Paul Barker

#235 Re: 811a SET amp.

Post by Paul Barker »

I found one of my lighter fuel soldering irons. The tip is a little large, but better than nothing.

A strip of white LED 's is joined directly onto the battery. So I have light and soldering iron. toolbox as a workbench. Some progress may be made if I find any energy and enthusiasm, a little on short supply.
Paul Barker

#236 Re: 811a SET amp.

Post by Paul Barker »

Production is at a standstill. I don't have the motivation to curl up in back of van with an lpg soldering iron, and my little time at home is needed to keep family together.

I'll pick up the project when priorities change back.
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

#237 Re: 811a SET amp.

Post by IslandPink »

That's a shame , but I can understand it !
"Once you find out ... the Circumstances ; then you can go out"
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#238 Re: 811a SET amp.

Post by pre65 »

IslandPink wrote:That's a shame , but I can understand it !
Me too. Much rather be playing bowls, or other outdoor pursuits this time of year, as long as no pedalling is involved. :wink:
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Paul Barker

#239 Re: 811a SET amp.

Post by Paul Barker »

Yes, this Doncaster work may last three months. The meeting today went on but I was told by a more senior manager than the one who gave me the three line whip to go to the meeting, that there was no way he was letting me go. Didn't take long to know which manager to obey. The one who gives me a lot of work over here.

Now I find From a girl on reception Doncaster was given to Scotland and she thinks is stil Scottish.

Sounds a bit like the disputed Berwick upon Tweed, which was still at war with Germany long after the rest of the UK.
Cressy Snr
Amstrad Tower of Power

#240 Re: 811a SET amp.

Post by Cressy Snr »

So you're sticking around for a bit then Paul.
Sgt. Baker started talkin’ with a Bullhorn in his hand.