Richard Dunn

Subjects that don't have their own home
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#1 Richard Dunn

Post by pre65 »

I have no qualms with Richard Dunn as a man and as an audio "guru".

I do (or maybe did) have doubts about Richard Dunn in forum mode.

Richard blames me for him being banned on one particular forum along with a few of his more sycophantic followers but in reality he (they) did not really need my help. :lol:

So, he pops up on here after many years away, and starts off with personal insults against me, but do I retaliate ? Nay. I might of called him a Muppet, but then his forum name is after a Muppet, so is that rude ?

Anyway, I have no intention of personal abuse to Richard, and the past is forgotten.

I think it is good of Richard to share his Doc mods with us, but I find it a bit wearing how he "bangs on" so much about it. I like to be informed and left to make my own decisions, not have it inferred that by not accepting the information I am somehow lacking in intelligence.

But then it might be me, perhaps it's Richards total belief in the subject and his obvious enthusiasm for it ? I applaud that in some ways, but I can't applaud the rudeness he shows to those (in my opinion) knowledgeable persons who "dared" to offer well structured arguments to the contrary.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Nick
Site Admin

#2 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by Nick »

Ok, cool, lets just try and get along then.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
Nick
Site Admin

#3 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by Nick »

Just to be complete, You (Phil) have explained why DBH may feel he had a issue with you (that hopefully we can move past), but was there any reason for you to have a issue with him?
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
DSJR
User

#4 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by DSJR »

Philip, I can't find the exact PM or post, but you did admit some time ago to deliberately baiting him/winding him up earlier on here and sometimes I thought you were doing the same on TAS - this is from me, nobody else is pulling any of my frayed strings!!!!!!!

The one thing other than audio matters I respect RD for, is that he's exactly the same to one's face as he is online, this in an audio world of sanctimonious and patronising two faced arsewipes! You take it or leave it and I've much experience now of face-to-face 'conflicts' with the man - usually because I've done something embarrassingly wrong - to still be able to take it (painfully sometimes), but it's usually for my own good I find. He's been very generous on occasion when he feels the need is from the heart and not ego motivated and there's been plenty of other times where he's been incredibly frustrated with the 'way I am' on some things. I've just put my head down and tried damned hard not to make the same mistake twice, although there's one thing in my work that may take a year or so to work its way through, which is a royal pain for him in terms of inconvenience to put right, although it does come right in the end :roll:

I said in the other thread, read the message and ignore the 'man' if that helps. I'm not currently a huge fan of the 'Cube' speaker concept, but getting to know what the drivers he uses and modifies do has helped me no end I think. The amp concept is basically sound as well, as the signal paths are as short as they can be and with nothing else to clutter up the circuit, surely something you strive for in your own valvey projects?
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#5 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by pre65 »

Nick wrote:Just to be complete, You (Phil) have explained why DBH may feel he had a issue with you (that hopefully we can move past), but was there any reason for you to have a issue with him?
Only his "attitude" on forums, but that's in the past now, isn't it ?

He was quick enough to "remove" me from his forum. :lol:

Perhaps he would let me join again as a sign of cessation of hostilities. 8)

Edmund Burke

pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#6 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by pre65 »

DSJR wrote:Philip, I can't find the exact PM or post, but you did admit some time ago to deliberately baiting him/winding him up earlier on here and sometimes I thought you were doing the same on TAS - this is from me, nobody else is pulling any of my frayed strings!!!!!!!
I can't remember Dave, but that was a long time ago and we don't want it all brought up again.

One of the reasons (perhaps THE reason) why this forum is so friendly is our regular meet ups at Owston, so most of us are friends and when things are said online we can imagine the person in front of us actually talking.

Perhaps it would be nice to see Richard (and yourself) at one of our Fests in the future ? I say that because Marco came once (maybe twice) and in person was not as he appears online. :wink:

Edmund Burke

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#7 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

With pleasure when you get TAS to re-instate me by asking them to and that you were wrong to join the campaign to get me removed.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#8 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by pre65 »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:With pleasure when you get TAS to re-instate me by asking them to and that you were wrong to join the campaign to get me removed.
I had absolutely no influence on the management team then, and I doubt it has changed since. At the time, your membership (and your followers) was found by many to be detrimental to forum harmony and yes, I was one of them, but one of many.

You use to boast about how many forums you had been banned on, so perhaps there is a reason for that ?

Anyway Richard, I send you greeting and best wishes for 2017.

Edmund Burke

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#9 Re: Richard Dunn

Well this answer shows you haven't changed. It is a simple request, you *tried* to get me removed, if you wish to create balance they *try* to redress that.

If I could be bothered I would copy here your TAS posts from the time, but if people are interested they can go look, I am sure they aren't.

Bygones are bygones and gone when they are gone, this saga is not, you have created far too much conflict and irritation (not just here) just to let go, as I am sure this is just being done because you have been found out here. If I have learned anything about your personality over the years it is the duplicity and opportunity seeking of it, I see no change. The only response from me was to not want it all extended to HFS which was your reason to join as you confirmed in your first post.

Given any opportunity you have pursued me around the internet to be as irritating as possible, I think it became a sort of hobby. I have not pursued you in any way only responding as opportunity has allowed.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#10 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by pre65 »

[quote="Dr Bunsen Honeydew" I have not pursued you in any way only responding as opportunity has allowed.[/quote]

That's OK Richard, as long as you only respond to new provocations rather than historical ones. :)

Edmund Burke

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#11 Re: Richard Dunn

I will respond to what ever I want. If you really want to know what I want it is to never have to respond to you again. I wish you just ceased to exist within my perception.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#12 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by pre65 »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:I will respond to what ever I want. If you really want to know what I want it is to never have to respond to you again. I wish you just ceased to exist within my perception.
What a nice man you are. :)

Edmund Burke

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#13 Re: Richard Dunn

Look to yourself sir, this is just another episode in your games. Stop the games, stop sticking yourself in front of my face and everything else stops. Now just go away and talk about something else, if I was Nick I would be getting thoroughly pissed off with this.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#14 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by pre65 »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:Look to yourself sir, this is just another episode in your games. Stop the games, stop sticking yourself in front of my face and everything else stops. Now just go away and talk about something else, if I was Nick I would be getting thoroughly pissed off with this.
Richard, however hard you try I'm not going to get pissed off or retaliate.

What you do is entirely up to you.

Edmund Burke

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#15 Re: Richard Dunn

More games, you have already done it and now you pretend innocence, your stupid games always follow a pattern, you are in "I am losing this, people are seeing me for what I am" mode, which requires butter to not melt in your mouth. Get yourself a couple of backer, go pollute yourself and get Marco to come back, at the moment all you have is Greg. Get the Dunn haters here and then you can get back into full on irritation mode which is where you really want to be.