wires and things

Subjects that don't have their own home
Nick
Site Admin

#16 Re: wires and things

Post by Nick »

we would all be getting from A to B in a horse and cart
Of course you do realize that there are millennia of development and change to get to the horse and cart point, and of course development continues today.

Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
ed
retired

#17 Re: wires and things

Post by ed »

mainscablesrus wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:17 am Insecurity has nothing to do with it sir, we would all be getting from A to B in a horse and cart if that was the case nas no one would buy a luxury car would they?
What on earth has insecurity got to do with the development of the luxury car from the humble horse and cart?

Imo the car was developed from a need and not a want. There is a distinction, a great distinction. Again, imo, the car was developed from a need to get from a to b at a speed greater than 10mph, absolutely nothing to do with insecurity.

I have to admit that my original post was touching on the subject of want versus need, but it appears that you may have identified with the point by defending it where no defense was actually wanted, or needed. Insecurity?
There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#18 Re: wires and things

Post by pre65 »

[quote=ed post_id=171431 time=1580301953 user_id=27

I have to admit that my original post was touching on the subject of want versus need, but it appears that you may have identified with the point by defending it where no defense was actually wanted, or needed. Insecurity?

[/quote]

:lol:
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
mainscablesrus
Old Hand

#19 Re: wires and things

Post by mainscablesrus »

ed wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:45 pm
mainscablesrus wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:17 am Insecurity has nothing to do with it sir, we would all be getting from A to B in a horse and cart if that was the case nas no one would buy a luxury car would they?
What on earth has insecurity got to do with the development of the luxury car from the humble horse and cart?

Imo the car was developed from a need and not a want. There is a distinction, a great distinction. Again, imo, the car was developed from a need to get from a to b at a speed greater than 10mph, absolutely nothing to do with insecurity.

LOL that is so funny, the article was about people buying luxury items because of insecurity was it not?
You can't change how people treat you or what they say about you. All you can do is change how you react to it.
Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi