Squeeze box down!

Subjects that don't have their own home
Nick
Site Admin

#31 Re: Squeeze box down!

Post by Nick »

If I was you I’d just buy that SB touch Ali linked to or go the piecoreplayer route running on a RPi
Yep, that would be my suggestion also. You already have the server set-up if you were using a touch, so the picoplayer will be mostly painless. I got Mark J going with the Pi and pico player. If you want the Pi setting up with the sd card setup like I did for Mark just let me know. After that its just a matter of using a PC to set it up for your wifi and point it at your music and connect a DAC,

You could add a touchscreen to the Pi and get closer to the Touch experience, but I have not done that myself yet. When my Touch dies, that’s probably what I will do.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
ed
retired

#32 Re: Squeeze box down!

Post by ed »

Picoreplayer......

play all you music + stream all those internet radio stations...s'all free..and as easy as the squeeze, possibly easier

way to go!

post overlapped with Nicks, but there's another vote..
and
there is loads of classical out there on internet radio...and loads of stuff you've never heard of that will expand your mind....
There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be
izzy wizzy
Old Hand

#33 Re: Squeeze box down!

Post by izzy wizzy »

ed wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:45 pm Picoreplayer......

play all you music + stream all those internet radio stations...s'all free..and as easy as the squeeze, possibly easier

way to go!

post overlapped with Nicks, but there's another vote..
and
there is loads of classical out there on internet radio...and loads of stuff you've never heard of that will expand your mind....
Been using picoreplayer since the beginning. Very easy to get going.