Arkless

Subjects that don't have their own home
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#31 Re: Arkless

Post by pre65 »

I agree with Richard on the above post. :)
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Nick
Site Admin

#32 Re: Arkless

Post by Nick »

I agree with Richard on the above post. :)
I really do now wonder if you are aware you are doing it Phil. Even in that seemingly benign post you have elements of passive aggression. The smiley has the opposite effect to what you are suggesting it does. Without the smiley, you are just saying you agree with Richard, but with the smiley, you are pointing out that agreeing with Richard is somehow a unusual or amusing thing for you. And the fact that you specically say its Richard you are agreeing with also contains signals.

Normally, one would post, "I agree", or "agreed"
A jovial remark (note the laughing emoticon) based on how I read the "Christopher" post.
"I am a passive aggressive stalker who is either unaware of the problems his post cause, or is aware and gains some strange pleasure from the problems caused :-)"

See how that smiley doesn’t do what you may think.
Is one not allowed to have an opinion now ?
In a shameless appeal to authority, I will quote Brian Cox
"The problem with today’s world is that everyone believes they have the right to express their opinion AND have others listen to it.

The correct statement of individual rights is that everyone has the right to an opinion, but crucially, that opinion can be roundly ignored and even made fun of, particularly if it is demonstrably nonsense!
I would welcome absolute honesty and lack of B/S in life in general (particularly politicians :) ) but will it ever happen ? :(
Would you? look what happened to Gordon Brown with Gillian Duffy.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#33 Re: Arkless

Post by pre65 »

Nick wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:17 am

The correct statement of individual rights is that everyone has the right to an opinion, but crucially, that opinion can be roundly ignored and even made fun of, particularly if it is demonstrably nonsense!

I agree.

Edmund Burke

pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#34 Re: Arkless

Post by pre65 »

[quote=Nick post_id=148637 time=1500805064 user_id=2]

The smiley has the opposite effect to what you are suggesting it does. Without the smiley, you are just saying you agree with Richard, but with the smiley, you are pointing out that agreeing with Richard is somehow a unusual or amusing thing for you.

It is.

Edmund Burke

mainscablesrus
Old Hand

#35 Re: Arkless

Post by mainscablesrus »

Arkwright is the guy who said he was on the same level as Tim de Paravicini and Nelson Pass if I remember correctly?

He mods a rather mediocre phono stage as his main source of income one would assume?

As an engineer on the same level as the 2 quoted demi-gods he then states SMPS's and linear PSU's sound the same?

I could go on but I am laughing too much. :D
You can't change how people treat you or what they say about you. All you can do is change how you react to it.
Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#36 Re: Arkless

Post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

He started it at PFM, but was found out. It seems he admitted in the end to be an alcoholic who was taking advance money for work and then spending it down the pub, and not building or sending orders. AND then pleading poverty as the reason he can't buy components to complete the jobs.

He was given a very hard time at PFM and driven away - he set up home at AoS and paid his £50 bribe (spamming permission) money to Marco. He has carried on there but has learnt that if he spends *ALL* his money down the pub he gets problems, he now just spends all his profit there.

He is arrogant, self centred, certain he knows more than anyone else (his claim to fame is having worked for Musical Fidelity). He shouts, he bullies, he babbles when he is drunk, but he still refuses to use his ears to make any design decisions. His redesign of the Cambs 640P is largely taking loads of it out and not replacing it.

BTW all verifiable in the archive at PFM.
Neal
Shed dweller

#37 Re: Arkless

Post by Neal »

If he is so damm f'in good why does he not just design one from the ground up, why bastardise a commercial product. It surely must be compromised vs a complete design from scratch.
Only the Sith deal in absolutes.
Nick
Site Admin

#38 Re: Arkless

Post by Nick »

It does sidestep some of the harder bits like casework and power supply.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
SteveH
User

#39 Re: Arkless

Post by SteveH »

Neal wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:59 pm If he is so damm f'in good why does he not just design one from the ground up, why bastardise a commercial product. It surely must be compromised vs a complete design from scratch.
He does. Go and look at his threads on AOS.
Michael L
Old Hand

#40 Re: Arkless

Post by Michael L »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:19 pm He started it at PFM, but was found out. It seems he admitted in the end to be an alcoholic who was taking advance money for work and then spending it down the pub, and not building or sending orders. AND then pleading poverty as the reason he can't buy components to complete the jobs.

He was given a very hard time at PFM and driven away - he set up home at AoS and paid his £50 bribe (spamming permission) money to Marco. He has carried on there but has learnt that if he spends *ALL* his money down the pub he gets problems, he now just spends all his profit there.

He is arrogant, self centred, certain he knows more than anyone else (his claim to fame is having worked for Musical Fidelity). He shouts, he bullies, he babbles when he is drunk, but he still refuses to use his ears to make any design decisions. His redesign of the Cambs 640P is largely taking loads of it out and not replacing it.

Do we know anyone else like this? But seriously - are we now in the business of character assassinations?
SteveH
User

#41 Re: Arkless

Post by SteveH »

Michael L wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:42 am
Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:19 pm He started it at PFM, but was found out. It seems he admitted in the end to be an alcoholic who was taking advance money for work and then spending it down the pub, and not building or sending orders. AND then pleading poverty as the reason he can't buy components to complete the jobs.

Do we know anyone else like this? But seriously - are we now in the business of character assassinations?
Nothing like a bit of character assassination to try and keep a going nowhere thread alive. :wink:
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#42 Re: Arkless

Well nothing to comment on as there has been nothing apart from a lot of empty headed waffling on SMPS V Linear PSU thread.

It is so simple, you want to know, build both - dead easy - and compare them. If you don't want to build the SMPS loads of top spec ones on Farnell and RS. Compare using music and ears, the result will be the only reality that matters.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#43 Re: Arkless

Both Nick and I could demonstrate very easily the superiority in musical terms of a linear supply over SMPS. As I said we could make it a Uddersfield Bake-Off subject. We could welcome Arkless to demonstrate the opposite.
Neal
Shed dweller

#44 Re: Arkless

Post by Neal »

SteveH wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:10 am
Neal wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:59 pm If he is so damm f'in good why does he not just design one from the ground up, why bastardise a commercial product. It surely must be compromised vs a complete design from scratch.
He does. Go and look at his threads on AOS.
I have and I'm not seeing anything being available commercially from him except the modded Cambridge unit.....unless I've missed it.
Only the Sith deal in absolutes.
SteveH
User

#45 Re: Arkless

Post by SteveH »

Have a look at the Trade Impressions sub forum-Arkless Electronics.