Phono bake-off

Subjects that don't have their own home
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#571 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

The Stratmangler wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:05 pm
Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:49 pm You get real, daft arse telling lies again. You haven't bought anything from me, I haven't bought anything form you so how the feck can I give negative feedback. I cannot ban you without your user name as that is what goes on my ban list.

I can assure all of you it will just be a pleasure to know I don't have to deal with you, apart from your lies and antics here and at AoS and at TAS and at.......
Rest assured, I won't ever be placing an order for equipment from you, Sweetcheeks.
You'll have to look elsewhere to find the money to pay for your charm school lessons.
I don't believe you in your heart you know I may be right and you may be made to look an eeeediot. Protect yourself from that let me ban you, what are you scared of.
The Stratmangler
Shed dweller

#572 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by The Stratmangler »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:19 pm I don't believe you in your heart you know I may be right and you may be made to look an eeeediot. Protect yourself from that let me ban you, what are you scared of.
I see you keep on perpetuating your charm offensive.
Carry on Sweetcheeks :D
Chris :happy3:
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#573 Re: Phono bake-off

I am responding.

My my still no ebay user names to ban, what a naughty self promoting spammer who employed Antonio as a shill, just to try and get you to give me money, I must have been. Arseholes!

And I am not the sweaty cheeks from around those arseholes.
Ray P
No idea why I do this anymore

#574 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by Ray P »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:17 pm Still not one ebay name, yet it was SOOOOO important.
I think you're missing the point; the suspicion isn't that you're here to sell to AT members but simply to sell - period.

And anyway, 'banning' those who you've pissed off, so don't plan to spend with you anyway, demonstrates nothing as it's low risk for you. On the other hand, being able to point to a public refusal to sell to people might be useful to you when selling to others.

The whole picture you've tried to create here, of other vendors being afraid to compare their products with yours, seems to be all about creating an illusion to promote your own products.

These aren't lies, just reflections of my experience as a consumer spanning many decades.

Given you're propensity to give others 'nicknames' I think 'Sweetcheeks' does seem to be appropriate for you so I propose it be adopted across AT.
Sorry, I couldn't resist!
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#575 Re: Phono bake-off

I repeat I will happily ban every member of AT if it proves you lot to be the liars you are.

The list is open and no one is on it yet, why is that ?
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#576 Re: Phono bake-off

I again copy THE TRUTH here, the rest is lies.

So once again to counter the lies, here is the truth.

1/ I was moaning about lack of comparison (bake-off) able to be made with Arkless and Firebottle.
2/ An HFS member Antonio66 said he had a Arkless and would put it forward in a Bake-Off.
3/ It was organised for the last one at MCRU place
4/ Didn't happen for us as I had lung infection and there seemed to be very few going. That changed once I pulled out.
5/ Antonio wanted to do it anyway, so I took it around to him, had a listen and left it with him.
6/ He wrote a review in the HFS review section and as it was supposed to happen at the MCRU bake-off this thread is about he asked me to post it here.

EVERYTHING ELSE IS LIES.
The Stratmangler
Shed dweller

#577 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by The Stratmangler »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:27 pm I again copy THE TRUTH here, the rest is lies.

So once again to counter the lies, here is the truth.

1/ I was moaning about lack of comparison (bake-off) able to be made with Arkless and Firebottle.
2/ An HFS member Antonio66 said he had a Arkless and would put it forward in a Bake-Off.
3/ It was organised for the last one at MCRU place
4/ Didn't happen for us as I had lung infection and there seemed to be very few going. That changed once I pulled out.
5/ Antonio wanted to do it anyway, so I took it around to him, had a listen and left it with him.
6/ He wrote a review in the HFS review section and as it was supposed to happen at the MCRU bake-off this thread is about he asked me to post it here.

EVERYTHING ELSE IS LIES.
I do believe we're living our very own Groundhog Day.
Congratulations Sweetcheeks, keep on living the dream.
You can call me a cyberbully if you like - it will however ALL BE LIES (see, I have learned something from you) :lol:
Chris :happy3:
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#578 Re: Phono bake-off

Still deflecting reality. I have explained quite clearly reality, as in what happened, are you saying that is wrong, and if you are saying that why haven't you put your ebay name forward to be banned. Surely that would be putting your money where your mouth is and being the first, perhaps it will prompt others to follow.
Ray P
No idea why I do this anymore

#579 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by Ray P »

There's no need to shout Sweetcheeks.

The problem with your version of the truth is that it connects two unrelated events in an attempt to create some sort of general context - not lying but perhaps demonstrating some economy with the truth.

The MCRU phono bake-off took place. There was no NVA or Arkless phono stage present - end of.

Antonio's audition of your phono stages was entirely unrelated to the MCRU bake off, being at a different venue with, I would guess, different supporting equipment and with a completely different audience. There are zero reference points with the MCRU bakeoff so they must be considered to be two entirely separate events. That is reality.
Sorry, I couldn't resist!
SteveH
User

#580 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by SteveH »

Is there a rule against dragging rubbish from other fora and dumping it here?
Nick
Site Admin

#581 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by Nick »

No, there are no rules here other than I am in charge. I did try and let someone else be in charge, but no one put their hand up.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#582 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by pre65 »

Nick wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:31 pm No, there are no rules here other than I am in charge. I did try and let someone else be in charge, but no one put their hand up.
As Carly Simon sang, nobody does it better. :)
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
shane
Social outcast

#583 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by shane »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:17 pm Still not one ebay name, yet it was SOOOOO important.
So you're asking people to give you their eBay usernames for the sole purpose of not selling them something?

Ok, give me your email address so I can not send you an email. Then give me your bank details so I can not send you some money. You seem to think it's a good idea, so maybe I'll give it a try, although I must admit there doesn't seem much point.
The world looks so different after learning science. For example, trees are made of air, primarily. When they are burned, they go back to air, and in their flaming heat is released the flaming heat of the Sun which was bound in to convert air into tree.
mainscablesrus
Old Hand

#584 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by mainscablesrus »

shane wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:40 pm
So you're asking people to give you their eBay usernames for the sole purpose of not selling them something?

Ok, give me your email address so I can not send you an email. Then give me your bank details so I can not send you some money. You seem to think it's a good idea, so maybe I'll give it a try, although I must admit there doesn't seem much point.
Awesome post.
You can't change how people treat you or what they say about you. All you can do is change how you react to it.
Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi
andrew Ivimey
Social Sevices have been notified

#585 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by andrew Ivimey »

Yes I thought so too. Neat!
Philosophers have only interpreted the world - the point, however, is to change it. No it isn't ... maybe we should leave it alone for a while.