Richard Dunn

Subjects that don't have their own home
Kenyy Kerr
User

#391 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by Kenyy Kerr »

The topic is Richard. the only reason you seem to regard your link as on topic is based on your suggestion that it is on topic, that does not make it so.
My posts are about Richard. The links are evidence to support my posts. Only an imbecile or someone being deliberately obtuse would the links as being specifically about him.
No, its exactly how its always been, I get to say what happens, until recently nothing happened I needed to halt, it does now
I do, I just chose to control who gets to speak
Interesting stance that nothing has changed but you control who has free speech? I remember someone I thought to be wise once saying:

"no one is harmed by one individual expressing his opinion, more harm is done by attempting to control behaviour by force instead of by example."

Ring a bell?

http://www.audio-talk.co.uk/phpBB3/view ... r&start=15

So far I have witnessed you allowing Dunn to insult and drive away contributing members (e.g. I see no Moose loose aboot this hoose anymore). I've also seen you pick on anyone who has challenged him. Then there are the number of posters coming here to challenge his behaviour whom you've banned very rapidly, often for no apparent reason other than their objection to his behaviour.

Steer the forum onto the rocks if you like, but at least don't silence the voices of people who dissent.
Nick
Site Admin

#392 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by Nick »

So kenyy. I am unsure now. Do I know you. It's seems you know Me?
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
Kenyy Kerr
User

#393 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by Kenyy Kerr »

Only from your internet postings but I have read them for many years, here and elsewhere. The thing that perplexes me is that you seem very happy to let Dunn insult all and sundry and yet you jump on anyone who challenges him. His attacks on Scott were unprovoked and unwarranted, yet you let him carry on until no more Scott. The moment anyone gave him any flak in return, eg Pre 65 you were all over them like a rash.

I look at the number of active threads and I see the regulars (Cressys excepted) now largely absent or posting trivia in "nothing in particular". I see this as a direct result of the behaviour you have allowed Dunn to get away with and the way you have stamped on dissent at every turn.

You also allowed him to start a thread attacking Mr Arkless and were only driven to ask him to desist when another poster (whom you subsequently banned) pointed out that its content was potentially libellous.

I don't recall Romy The Cat but I can see why you'd give people a chance to settle in. The thing is, you've done exactly the opoosite with recent joiners. I can't agree with your observation that people have largely settled down and warmed to Richard either. All that seems to have happened is that the most vocal dissenters have simply walked away. Some of them have contributed hugely to the forum yet that appears to have been worth nothing. I may be wrong, but I don't believe it was Dunn's presence that people found intolerable, it was his behaviour; especially when it went unchecked.

I'm asking you to take a fresh look at the past few months and ask yourself if the behaviour you have allowed from Dunn has been to the betterment of the forum and its members. Perhaps it may shape how you manage his behaviour in the future and encourage absent/silent/departed members to return to their posting.
mainscablesrus
Old Hand

#394 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by mainscablesrus »

Wait for it................................
You can't change how people treat you or what they say about you. All you can do is change how you react to it.
Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi
Nick
Site Admin

#395 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by Nick »

You also allowed him to start a thread attacking Mr Arkless and were only driven to ask him to desist when another poster (whom you subsequently banned) pointed out that its content was potentially libellous.
No, nothing to do with any libellous nature, it was the fact that he correctly pointed out the hypocritical nature of it. As I have said before, the people I have banned in the last few months have been banned not for attacking anyone, but for being mindlessly boring. I know this may be impossible for you, but maybe consider that your world view is not the same as anyone, and the things that you find important are not important for everyone. Is there any reason you considered the word libellous?

As a example of how you seem to be viewing everything through a particular filter:
I see this as a direct result of the behaviour you have allowed Dunn to get away with
You may be confusing cause and effect there.
to the betterment of the forum and its members
Thats the thing, you talk about the forum as if it was anything other than the collective will of its members, if the members don't like it, they are welcome to take it in whatever direction they want, but with control comes responsibility. I am happy to give anyone who wants it a copy of the database behind the forum, so they could do what in open source software is termed fork the forum and make it what they want. By the use of a word like "betterment" its clear to me how much you don’t understand how much you don't understand what I want the place to be and what my vision for it is.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
Nick
Site Admin

#396 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by Nick »

The end of days...

Bigman80
User

#397 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by Bigman80 »

:lol:

Thats a u turn if ever I've seen one. Fair play.
Cressy Snr
Amstrad Tower of Power

#398 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by Cressy Snr »

Priceless. :lol:
Sgt. Baker started talkin’ with a Bullhorn in his hand.
Kenyy Kerr
User

#399 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by Kenyy Kerr »

Well bugger me backwards.

:love10: :love9: :love10:

It will be Richard n Marco next.
Bigman80
User

#400 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by Bigman80 »

Kenyy Kerr wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:34 am Well bugger me backwards.

:love10: :love9: :love10:

It will be Richard n Marco next.
😂😂😂😂😂
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

#401 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by Dave the bass »

Nick wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:17 pm
Dave - "Yeah no problem, I can supply you with some massive big Valve amps and Bass Reflex Loudspeakers"
Richard - "Here's my credit card my good man..please make it so"

:)
"The fat bourgeois and his doppelganger"
Kenyy Kerr
User

#402 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by Kenyy Kerr »

Nick wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:16 pm
No, nothing to do with any libellous nature, it was the fact that he correctly pointed out the hypocritical nature of it. As I have said before, the people I have banned in the last few months have been banned not for attacking anyone, but for being mindlessly boring. I know this may be impossible for you, but maybe consider that your world view is not the same as anyone, and the things that you find important are not important for everyone. Is there any reason you considered the word libellous?

As a example of how you seem to be viewing everything through a particular filter:
I see this as a direct result of the behaviour you have allowed Dunn to get away with
You may be confusing cause and effect there.
to the betterment of the forum and its members
Thats the thing, you talk about the forum as if it was anything other than the collective will of its members, if the members don't like it, they are welcome to take it in whatever direction they want, but with control comes responsibility. I am happy to give anyone who wants it a copy of the database behind the forum, so they could do what in open source software is termed fork the forum and make it what they want. By the use of a word like "betterment" its clear to me how much you don’t understand how much you don't understand what I want the place to be and what my vision for it is.
Hi Nick.

It was this post quoted and commented on by CN that I felt was pptentially libellous:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: ↑Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:19 pm
He started it at PFM, but was found out. It seems he admitted in the end to be an alcoholic who was taking advance money for work and then spending it down the pub, and not building or sending orders. AND then pleading poverty as the reason he can't buy components to complete the jobs.

He was given a very hard time at PFM and driven away - he set up home at AoS and paid his £50 bribe (spamming permission) money to Marco. He has carried on there but has learnt that if he spends *ALL* his money down the pub he gets problems, he now just spends all his profit there.

He is arrogant, self centred, certain he knows more than anyone else (his claim to fame is having worked for Musical Fidelity). He shouts, he bullies, he babbles when he is drunk, but he still refuses to use his ears to make any design decisions. His redesign of the Cambs 640P is largely taking loads of it out and not replacing it.

BTW all verifiable in the archive at PFM.
His sticky on AOS did not last long. Must have been keeping him out of the pub.

1. It states Arkless paid a bribe.
2. There is a clear suggestion that Arkless has "carried on" at AOS in a similar vein to the one he came unstuck with at PFM, there is no evidence to support this and clear evidence to show he no no longer take any money up front. Isn't this exactly the same dragging up of past events that Mr os is libellous?
3. Lots of references to alcoholism and spending time and money down the pub which is potentially likely to lose him business. We also have "he babbles when he is drunk" Evidence please?
4. We then have accusations of bullying, arrogance and being self centred. A bit rich coming from"Rich".

As for the rest of your post, have you considered you too are seeing this through your own filters? If you can't see cause and effect in the arrival of Dunn and the departure of other members then I feel you must have some pretty strong filtering going on.

You are right in that I (and possibly many) don't understand where you want to take this forum. Perhaps you could explain a scenario in which the DIYers and the contributors like Scott are acceptable "collateral damage" in bringing in Richard Dunn. What extra value does he add that outweighs this?

Whatever the equation, was it acceptable to allow his attacks which drove others away? Was that part of your plan? Did you actually want to rid the forum of contributors like Scott?

I'm off out now but will be very interested to hear your replies. I must thank you though for giving me a hearing. Even if we eventually *agree to disagree* I appreciate your time and thoughts.
mainscablesrus
Old Hand

#403 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by mainscablesrus »

Dave the bass wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:08 am
Nick wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:17 pm
Dave - "Yeah no problem, I can supply you with some massive big Valve amps and Bass Reflex Loudspeakers"
Richard - "Here's my credit card my good man..please make it so"

:)
All good Dave

The people with too much time to waste who seem to want to spend their lives typing bullshit about the past when there is a whole world out there amaze me and others. Go and live a proper life FFS, get out a bit more and do something meaningful with your existence. Your a long time dead.
You can't change how people treat you or what they say about you. All you can do is change how you react to it.
Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

#404 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by Dave the bass »

mainscablesrus wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:45 pm
All good Dave
Good to hear.
"The fat bourgeois and his doppelganger"
Paul Bird
User

#405 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by Paul Bird »

The people with too much time to waste who seem to want to spend their lives typing bullshit about the past when there is a whole world out there amaze me and others. Go and live a proper life FFS, get out a bit more and do something meaningful with your existence. Your a long time dead. (mcru)

Now whoever would possibly do that, eh !!!