Richard Dunn

Subjects that don't have their own home
Greg
Social outcast

#31 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by Greg »

Nick wrote:The post was just about spot on then wasn't it?

Because that is what seems to have happened.
Nick, what I find so difficult to understand is how or why you concentrate on the factual content of the (any) message and at the same time appear to give no regard to the manner in which the facts are delivered?
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#32 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by pre65 »

Greg wrote:
Nick wrote:The post was just about spot on then wasn't it?

Because that is what seems to have happened.
Nick, what I find so difficult to understand is how or why you concentrate on the factual content of the (any) message and at the same time appear to give no regard to the manner in which the facts are delivered?

Perhaps it is a skill we could all do with learning ?
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Nick
Site Admin

#33 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by Nick »

shane wrote:Sounds like a bit of chicken-and-eggery going on...
So what would you prefer? Should "we" all pick a side, what if its not the same side? Assuming people are capable of rational thought, its not mandatory to reply, even if you want to. RD, as I have said before can be a ass, but Phil is far from an innocent in this either.

For example in the first post Phil said "Richard blames me for him being banned on one particular forum along with a few of his more sycophantic followers but in reality he (they) did not really need my help. "

Note, he did not say, "I was not involved in getting him banned", but that "he would have been banned without my help."
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
Nick
Site Admin

#34 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by Nick »

Because the factual content is the only thing you know for certain is real. The way it is delivered is in the eyes' of the beholder, so is only your current interpretation of what the manner and intent was. Its fundamentally the difference between subjective and objective.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
shane
Social outcast

#35 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by shane »

No, I don't expect anyone to take sides, but I find it very hard to look at Richard's first post as anything other than a blatant attempt to start a row with Phil, or rather to bring their ongoing problems over to this forum because one or other of them has been banned everywhere else.

You once told Marco that what he was doing was equivalent to being invited into your siting room and pissing on the carpet. Whilst I absolutely understand that this is your sitting room, not mine, it feels as though your gathering of friends has been invaded by a belligerent newcomer intent on picking a fight, and making the whole place feel unwelcoming. I've always admired your hands-off stance, I just wish all the members were mature enough to respect it fully.
The world looks so different after learning science. For example, trees are made of air, primarily. When they are burned, they go back to air, and in their flaming heat is released the flaming heat of the Sun which was bound in to convert air into tree.
Greg
Social outcast

#36 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by Greg »

Nick wrote:
The way it is delivered is in the eyes' of the beholder, so is only your current interpretation of what the manner and intent was. Its fundamentally the difference between subjective and objective.
I understand, but do we the membership or society in general not try to adhere to an ethical code of expression that we commonly recognise and try to apply/accept? Surely to step outside of this common sense of decency will disrupt the normally enjoyed equilibrium of the forum? If that be the case, why should disruption to the forum equilibrium be tolerated?
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#37 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Look at my posts when finally left alone by the tit and then judge. I am not replying to Jammy as that is just a bromance divorce, and we all know what divorces are like. Rudi, well IMO he is just a nutcase best left to stew in his juices. I am not sure I know Shane but Greg is a well known Dunn hater from other forums, he kicks at me at TAS regularly, and at AoS. Neither place can I respond even if I want to. The speaker threads are all I am here for, the rest of this is just flim flam and nonsense per usual.

I never start conflict and never have done, I respond to conflict imposed on me. I don't lie down, I take the attitude "well someone wants a fight, so I might as well enjoy it". Enemies or friends, why not get some fun from the process.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#38 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by pre65 »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: I never start conflict and never have done, I respond to conflict imposed on me. I don't lie down, I take the attitude "well someone wants a fight, so I might as well enjoy it". Enemies or friends, why not get some fun from the process.

Yes Richard, YOU ENJOY CONFLICT.

Nuff said. :wink:

Edmund Burke

Nick
Site Admin

#39 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by Nick »

Greg wrote:
Nick wrote:
The way it is delivered is in the eyes' of the beholder, so is only your current interpretation of what the manner and intent was. Its fundamentally the difference between subjective and objective.
I understand, but do we the membership or society in general not try to adhere to an ethical code of expression that we commonly recognise and try to apply/accept? Surely to step outside of this common sense of decency will disrupt the normally enjoyed equilibrium of the forum? If that be the case, why should disruption to the forum equilibrium be tolerated?
because its only through disruption to the equilibrium can progress be achieved. What you are advocating is stagnation.
Nick
Site Admin

#40 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by Nick »

pre65 wrote:
Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: I never start conflict and never have done, I respond to conflict imposed on me. I don't lie down, I take the attitude "well someone wants a fight, so I might as well enjoy it". Enemies or friends, why not get some fun from the process.

Yes Richard, YOU ENJOY CONFLICT.
There is a difference between enjoying something and preferring it.
pre65 wrote:Nuff said. :wink:
Its the bloody wink again, just what does that mean? What do you think it means?
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#41 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by pre65 »

[quote="Nick"

Its the bloody wink again, just what does that mean? What do you think it means?[/quote]

Well Nick, something like this ----- to close one eye for a short time as a way of greeting someone or showing friendliness….

I didn't think a smile was appropriate, but I wanted to show a lack of hostility while at the same time being critical.

Edmund Burke

Nick
Site Admin

#42 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by Nick »

pre65 wrote:
Nick wrote:
Its the bloody wink again, just what does that mean? What do you think it means?
Well Nick, something like this ----- to close one eye for a short time as a way of greeting someone or showing friendliness….

I didn't think a smile was appropriate, but I wanted to show a lack of hostility while at the same time being critical.
So you wanted to say one thing, while leaving the option open to claim that you were saying something else if questioned about it?
shane
Social outcast

#43 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by shane »

I don't hate anyone, Richard. I just object to what used to be a haven of peace and good-natured conversation being polluted with foul mouthed childish bickering. I'm not saying that it's your fault, but it has to be said that for the ten years before your post it didn't happen, and since that moment the place has been knee deep in it. You're very quick to say that it's not your fault, but you know damned well that you are the epicentre, and if you didn't want it to happen, it wouldn't. I know that you and Phil have had your issues, but there was absolutely no need to turn this place into a cesspit just because you couldn't slug it out anywhere else. It's rude and thoughtless, and for you to say that you have no part in causing it is totally disingenuous.
The world looks so different after learning science. For example, trees are made of air, primarily. When they are burned, they go back to air, and in their flaming heat is released the flaming heat of the Sun which was bound in to convert air into tree.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#44 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by pre65 »

Nick wrote:
So you wanted to say one thing, while leaving the option open to claim that you were saying something else if questioned about it?
Not really, I think you are reading too much into my post.

Perhaps the smilies should have descriptions to denote what they actually mean, cos some of them confuse me. :?

Edmund Burke

Nick
Site Admin

#45 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by Nick »

Perhaps the smilies should have descriptions to denote what they actually mean, cos some of them confuse me. :?
Well, if they confuse you when using them, maybe the best solution is to not use them. if you feel you need to make sure something is understood in the way you mean it to be understood, then work harder on the text, using an image that you are unsure of is not going to help wibble.

See, the wibble did nothing to aid the understanding of the above did it?