Richard Dunn

Subjects that don't have their own home
Nick
Site Admin

#61 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by Nick »

I'm not getting "upset", I just find his manner disagreeable.I did offer to meet Richard face to face so we could try and end his paranoia about me being a stalker, but to him that made me even more of a stalker (in his opinion).
But maybe it would have been better if you tried to do that on the phone, instead of in public on the forum where it could be seen as further points scoring.
Richard seems to be the one prolonging antagonism, and he admitted earlier it was "fun".
Honestly, that is not how I see it. Add you make it worst with repeating that there was some fault with his use of the word enjoy. Though you have changed it into "fun"
I have no wish to stop him posting on here, infact I would welcome any knowledge pertaining to our hobby he can impart. But I would reserve the right to disagree with him if necessary.
Ok, but its not a matter of disagreeing, you are not doing that, you are picking a fight, that is not disagreeing.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
shane
Social outcast

#62 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by shane »

Nick wrote: Not sure who the "you" is in your reply to my posts?
Sorry Nick, desperately trying to multi-task as I'm supposed to be working, and thought your post was from Richard, so look at it in that light. Phil definitely isn't the unwitting victim here, but the fact remains that all the crap floating around this forum started with that one needlessly provocative post of Richards, and I wish they'd go and do it somewhere else!
The world looks so different after learning science. For example, trees are made of air, primarily. When they are burned, they go back to air, and in their flaming heat is released the flaming heat of the Sun which was bound in to convert air into tree.
Cressy Snr
Amstrad Tower of Power

#63 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by Cressy Snr »

We can't be like some southern state in the 19th Century USA where we good Christian folk don't like strangers around these parts, and run them out of town in a hail of gunfire.
I've never met Richard but I like his internet persona. It's abrasive, irreverent, controversial and a breath of fresh air.
Sgt. Baker started talkin’ with a Bullhorn in his hand.
Greg
Social outcast

#64 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by Greg »

Nick wrote:But inherent in what you are saying is the belief that everyone agrees with you, your way is everyone’s way. There is merit, I believe, in having a personal moral code that I try to live by and use to measure my behaviour towards others. However I do not believe that gives me the right to impose that code on another, or in some way decide another is less than myself because of their failing to adhere to my code. If my code is to have any real meaning, then it has to be tested, to test it, it has to be applied in less than easy, comfy situations. Part of the code I apply to this forum, is the concept of no censorship. If I was only to apply that to things I agreed with, then it would be a worthless position to take.

There are at least two possible reasons for "our previous response seems nonsensical". One is its a nonsensical position, the other is you fail to understand it. One, neither, or both of the two previous statements may be true.
I don't think I am suggesting that everyone agrees with me or that my way is the right way. I respect everyone can have their own personal moral code. So assuming that every member here has their own personal moral code and those codes may be individually variable, it seems remarkable that regardless of that variety, there Is a generally overriding commonality between members on how they conduct themselves towards one another, and it is that commonality which is the equilibrium I refer to which I and I believe Shane and others have historically enjoyed before it was disrupted. So, using the previous reference, it would seem it is ok for a long absent member to return, walk through the door and piss on your carpet, splattering everyones feet provided there Is something in that piss considered worthwhile. Interestingly, if you pissed on the protagonists carpet, regardless of piss content value, the response would be different. You dribbled a bit just the other day only to be accused of making insults.

As for censorship, I understand your position on this. I have no expectation of you becoming a censor. It seems to me that for the tranquility of nirvana to prevail, everyone's conduct must be acceptable to all. One disruption is likely to disrupt many and there is nowt to be done but put up with it, accept it or walk away. That seems a bit disproportionate when it is only one or two causing the disruption to many.
Greg
Social outcast

#65 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by Greg »

Cressy Snr wrote:We can't be like some southern state in the 19th Century USA where we good Christian folk don't like strangers around these parts, and run them out of town in a hail of gunfire.
I've never met Richard but I like his internet persona. It's abrasive, irreverent, controversial and a breath of fresh air.
I can't believe you wrote that in all honesty giving due regard to all you have told us about your own history and how others have bullied you and impacted on your life. Me thinks you might be a little muddled.
shane
Social outcast

#66 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by shane »

Cressy Snr wrote:We can't be like some southern state in the 19th Century USA where we good Christian folk don't like strangers around these parts, and run them out of town in a hail of gunfire.
Each to his own. To me he comes across as rude, overbearing, arrogant and unpleasant.

I don't want to run anyone out of town, I just don't see any merit in this vileness.

Not so much a breath of fresh air, more like a fart in a lift.
The world looks so different after learning science. For example, trees are made of air, primarily. When they are burned, they go back to air, and in their flaming heat is released the flaming heat of the Sun which was bound in to convert air into tree.
Cressy Snr
Amstrad Tower of Power

#67 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by Cressy Snr »

Greg, this is not aimed at anyone in particular, but......
It's precisely because certain people during my own life have been absolute bastards to me and gotten away with it, that I said what I said. To those who think they know what bullying is, I say, you have not the faintest idea...believe me.
Richard cannot be described as a bully by any stretch of the imagination. Yes it is true that bullies have caused me no end of grief over the years and I was being chased by one only recently. Richard is not in the same league.
Richard does not threaten people, he does not chase people across cyberspace, he is absolutely not what I would call a bully. He is outspoken, says what he thinks, calls a spade a spade and has a very low tolerance for flim flam and bullshit, that's all.
He certainly does not need me to defend him, but I find the hostility towards him from some quarters on here frankly irritating, but there you go.

I'll tell you what I think:
This thread and why it exists, is a form of bullying. Why was it started and who the blazes do we think we are, that we could be so arrogant as to sit here talking about someone in this way. I call it downright rude, Hell it's not even behind the hand stuff. It's schoolyard ganging up- simple as that. Sorry if that offends anyone but I couldnt give a flying fuck I'm afraid.
Probably said too much, but I'm sick of pussyfooting about.
Sgt. Baker started talkin’ with a Bullhorn in his hand.
Mudshark
Old Hand

#68 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by Mudshark »

shane wrote:
Each to his own. To me he comes across as rude, overbearing, arrogant and unpleasant.

I don't want to run anyone out of town, I just don't see any merit in this vileness.

Not so much a breath of fresh air, more like a fart in a lift.

The aroma of which you seem to relish,
judging. by the way you always pop up for another sniff.... :!:
shane
Social outcast

#69 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by shane »

Yet another pithy post, full of meaning and information.
Mudshark
Old Hand

#70 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by Mudshark »

I thought so, which part dont you understand. :mrgreen:
shane
Social outcast

#71 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by shane »

Mudshark wrote:I thought so, which part dont you understand. :mrgreen:
Your reason for existence.
guy
User

#72 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by guy »

Cressy Snr wrote:
I'll tell you what I think:
This thread and why it exists, is a form of bullying. Why was it started and who the blazes do we think we are, that we could be so arrogant as to sit here talking about someone in this way. I call it downright rude, Hell it's not even behind the hand stuff. It's schoolyard ganging up- simple as that. Sorry if that offends anyone but I couldnt give a flying fuck I'm afraid.
Probably said too much, but I'm sick of pussyfooting about.
Well said (and no you have not said too much). What exactly was the point of starting this thread?
Mudshark
Old Hand

#73 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by Mudshark »

Well said indeed Cressy S.

But it is only a thread, if we ignore it then it dies a death.
Thing is it's kind of addictive......aint it. :?:

If you think different, so be it, wont be hearing from ya on this thread again. :mrgreen:

What ya think Shane........ :P :P :P :P
shane
Social outcast

#74 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by shane »

For once I agree with you. We all have strong feelings about what's been happening on this forum recently, and we can all pontificate until we're blue in the face, but no-one's going to say to themselves "you know what? They're right!" so I guess all we can do is wait for it all to go away.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#75 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Well I am not going away THIS TIME!!

There is some real bullshit and rewriting history going on here. My first post back "Thought I would try again and see if the little irritating tit still wants to stalk and hound me" so did I say Noddy or Big ears or Mr Plod, no I referred to no one, but Noddy accepted the position in the next post, anyone wonder why if he is so innocent - he know bloody well what he has been doing. From that point on I have done nothing but respond, you will not see any initiation of anything from me. So this thread is full of lies and misinformation per usual from people who have an agenda.