I'm Officially a Fat Bastard

Subjects that don't have their own home
andrew Ivimey
Social Sevices have been notified

#241 Re: I'm Officially a Fat Bastard

Post by andrew Ivimey »

Almost never does sugar in whatever guise cross my lips! Well done Steve but visceral fat builds up around all the organs not just the tummy so.... beware. I'm told there are reliable machines for measuring what V.F. you have but where, I wonder.
Philosophers have only interpreted the world - the point, however, is to change it. No it isn't ... maybe we should leave it alone for a while.
Ray P
No idea why I do this anymore

#242 Re: I'm Officially a Fat Bastard

Post by Ray P »

andrew Ivimey wrote:Almost never does sugar in whatever guise cross my lips!
Do you mean 'processed' sugar; I guess you eat fruit?
Sorry, I couldn't resist!
andrew Ivimey

#243 Re: I'm Officially a Fat Bastard

Post by andrew Ivimey »

Exactemente- I do eat a lot of fruit. Didn't think I'd need to clarify this...
Philosophers have only interpreted the world - the point, however, is to change it. No it isn't ... maybe we should leave it alone for a while.
Paul Barker

#244 Re: I'm Officially a Fat Bastard

Post by Paul Barker »

Thanks Steve. I asked because on one of those tv progd about eating healthy the lady said the visceral fat was the first to go. She may be illinformed.
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein
andrew Ivimey

#245 Re: I'm Officially a Fat Bastard

Post by andrew Ivimey »

She is...

But imho Steve isn't right about what he calls visceral fat. It sounds like he is describing subcutaneous fat,which,like the TV prog lady says is the first to go.

You can be a bean pole but still laden with visceral fat. This fat grows and adheres to the body's ograns ( heart liver kidneys ) making these organs work less well) not the fleshy bits.
andrew Ivimey

#246 Re: I'm Officially a Fat Bastard

Post by andrew Ivimey »

Worried about this I did a quick Google search - lots of pics of big tummys yes but the text goes on about the organs and the great danger.

Steve it sounds like you are doing very well indeed (better than me!) But there us more understanding needed about types if fat etc etc.

I want to find out more and lose more too!
Paul Barker

#247 Re: I'm Officially a Fat Bastard

Post by Paul Barker »

My belly remains distended inspight of going from 75kg to 70kg. (depending which centile graph you plot yourself on, they are varied and proliferate, I am no longer overweight and on some charts the lower half of normal.)

face neck and arms thin and stringy; muscle has no bulk but is sinuey and stringy looking. the ribs are visible. But the belly is out.

diet about what Steve describes give or take.

To a degree loose skin might explain a portion. Alternative diagnosis: wind or passengers (tape worms)?

dig up bracken root and spend a day on the loo (after Lofty Wiseman)

son got us all eating healthy following Dr Furhman. Seems to work. Though I dont follow it all that closely. I have a lot more eggs than he allows and loads and loads of nuts on their own when hungry.(your suppose to combine nuts and seeds with other foods).
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#248 Re: I'm Officially a Fat Bastard

Post by Mike H »

Only just seen this properly ~
Dave the bass wrote: ... so I'm enjoying being 'work-shy-scum' (Trademark, my own little Sis!)

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
andrew Ivimey

#249 Re: I'm Officially a Fat Bastard

Post by andrew Ivimey »

Nuts! very good. I've just discovered hazel nuts as Holland & Barrett were selling off old stock.

I seem to be safely at 13 stone 11lbs and heading slowly southwards. According to something on the Web my ideal weight is 13-4. I'd be delighted with this! We'll see.
Ray P

#250 Re: I'm Officially Not Such a Fat Bastard

Post by Ray P »

A good milestone today, weighed in this morning at 14st 7lb - that's a whole 2st from where I started. I celebrated with a good bike ride. :bounce:

Ray
Cressy Snr
Amstrad Tower of Power

#251 Re: I'm Officially Not Such a Fat Bastard

Post by Cressy Snr »

Ray P wrote:A good milestone today, weighed in this morning at 14st 7lb - that's a whole 2st from where I started. I celebrated with a good bike ride. :bounce:

Ray
I'd have celebrated with fish 'n chips and a gallon of beer. :mrgreen: :D :D :D
Sgt. Baker started talkin’ with a Bullhorn in his hand.
andrew Ivimey

#252 Re: I'm Officially a Fat Bastard

Post by andrew Ivimey »

I'll celebrate for you with a bacon sandwich -yummy!
Last edited by andrew Ivimey on Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ray P

#253 Re: I'm Officially Not Such a Fat Bastard

Post by Ray P »

Cressy Snr wrote:I'd have celebrated with fish 'n chips and a gallon of beer. :mrgreen: :D :D :D
An large all-day breakfast and a big mug of tea was tempting.
Ray P

#254 Re: I'm Officially a Fat Bastard

Post by Ray P »

andrew Ivimey wrote:I'll celevate for you with a bacon sandwich -yummy!
on yer bike!
jack
Thermionic Monk Status

#255 Re: I'm Officially a Fat Bastard

Post by jack »

andrew Ivimey wrote:I'll celevate for you with a bacon sandwich -yummy!
Found some bacon this morning... One of the Indian shops has a "non-muslim" section.

...with bacon. And sausages...

First fryup for 6 weeks!
Vivitur ingenio, caetera mortis erunt