I'm Officially a Fat Bastard

Subjects that don't have their own home
andrew Ivimey
Social Sevices have been notified

#256 Re: I'm Officially a Fat Bastard

Post by andrew Ivimey »

Heart Burn for me - silly sod!
Philosophers have only interpreted the world - the point, however, is to change it. No it isn't ... maybe we should leave it alone for a while.
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#257 Re: I'm Officially a Fat Bastard

Post by Mike H »

Wow!! :shock:

Like in Boston, we have "Baltic food" shops. :D

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
andrew Ivimey

#258 Re: I'm Officially a Fat Bastard

Post by andrew Ivimey »

Baltic food? Roll mops, herring? Smorbror (smorgesboard) & other fishy nastinesses !?
Philosophers have only interpreted the world - the point, however, is to change it. No it isn't ... maybe we should leave it alone for a while.
Michael L
Old Hand

#259 Re: I'm Officially a Fat Bastard

Post by Michael L »

Very tasty and healthy for you too!
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

#260 Re: I'm Officially a Fat Bastard

Post by Dave the bass »

Less so for the fish though... :)
"The fat bourgeois and his doppelganger"
andrew Ivimey

#261 Re: I'm Officially a Fat Bastard

Post by andrew Ivimey »

Don't forget that the chips might have something to comment on their consumption too ...

Anyway, to quote, cos its quicker ....

'After the cycle ride yesterday I pedalled in a pedestrian manner into Beds to do some shopping and stopped off at my favourite coffee shoppe for a decaffcappa and a sticky chocolate confection (Forbidden). Back at home while cooking and then eating and as Anna didn't want any, I drank a whole bottle of full bodied Cotes du Rhone and this morning, without a shade of a hangover (is that a good or bad sign???) leapt sprightly upon the scales to find that I had not put on any weight. Hm.....'

Another thing I have noted (more than a few times) is that if we sally forth for a curry, I pretty much regularly consume two popadoms with the trimmings, two pints of lager, a main dish, a nan or rice and share in a yummy vegetable side dish. The next morning I weigh four pounds more but if I allow Life to continue in a more or less normal way that weight increase has gone in two days. If I ate curry everyday, which is an inclination, I would soon achieve the proportions of a minor solar system.

Interesting?
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#262 Re: I'm Officially a Fat Bastard

Post by Mike H »

andrew Ivimey wrote:Baltic food? Roll mops, herring? Smorbror (smorgesboard) & other fishy nastinesses !?
Not examined it that closely TBH but yes pretty sure I have seen herring in some form or other .. :D

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#263 Re: I'm Officially a Fat Bastard

Post by pre65 »

I'm still around the 80Kg level. It's been fairly stable for a while, and although it's on my BMI upper limit I feel that it's a fair place to be.

Could try a bit more fruit I suppose, Apple maybe ? :wink: :lol:
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Ray P
No idea why I do this anymore

#264 Re: I'm Officially a Fat Bastard

Post by Ray P »

In the context of my cycling exertions over the weekend we got onto the subject of heart rates and I came across this calculator;

https://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/nhs-healt ... -tool.aspx

Apparently my heart is older than I am.

I was quite surprised that my 'at rest' heart rate this afternoon was a leisurely 50bpm.

Ray
Sorry, I couldn't resist!
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

#265 Re: I'm Officially a Fat Bastard

Post by IslandPink »

50 is good - been struggling to get mine very low lately but 56 to 58 is achievable most of the time.
I tried the questionnaire but didn't have the HDL cholesterol number so it failed.
"Once you find out ... the Circumstances ; then you can go out"
Paul Barker

#266 Re: I'm Officially a Fat Bastard

Post by Paul Barker »

Aparenly they know my heart is 2 years older than me juts from my bmi 'cause thats all I could tell them. pile of junk thta software. my bmi is 22.8 so they are making a wild guess at the rest.
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein
Ray P
No idea why I do this anymore

#267 Re: I'm Officially a Fat Bastard

Post by Ray P »

Paul Barker wrote:Aparenly they know my heart is 2 years older than me juts from my bmi 'cause thats all I could tell them. pile of junk thta software. my bmi is 22.8 so they are making a wild guess at the rest.
If you don't provide the information they ask for then any result must be heavily caveated (which they do); not having the information isn't the software's fault.
Sorry, I couldn't resist!
jack
Thermionic Monk Status

#268 Re: I'm Officially a Fat Bastard

Post by jack »

Ray P wrote:If you don't provide the information they ask for then any result must be heavily caveated (which they do); not having the information isn't the software's fault.
They have to use a wurst case scenario...
Conchita-wurst-sausage0.jpg
Ta Da!
Vivitur ingenio, caetera mortis erunt
Cressy Snr
Amstrad Tower of Power

#269 Re: I'm Officially a Fat Bastard

Post by Cressy Snr »

Dunno how much weight I've lost.

Me and the missus have been doing Joe Wicks "Lean in Fifteen" since June last year, and he tells people to get rid of the "tyrrany of the scales" as he put it and just go by the way you feel and the fit of your clothes.

She's dropped four dress sizes, and I've gone from a 38 to a 32 inch waist. Haven't been a 32 since the late 70s. Sugar has been lowered substantially, as have the carbs. We now do 33% fat, 33% carbs and 33% protein.

Just a balanced diet, like we used to eat as kids in the '60s.
Sgt. Baker started talkin’ with a Bullhorn in his hand.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#270 Re: I'm Officially a Fat Bastard

Post by pre65 »

Steve, anyone who can reduce their waist size like you have deserves congratulating , well done.

I've gradually expanded from 32 to 36 over the years,and occasionally 38 (for comfort) so I need to seriously think about my own situation.

I'll be getting that book me thinks. :)
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)