300B valve testing

If they glow, this is the place to be
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

#16 Re: 300B valve testing

Post by Dave the bass »

Aaaah! I think I've twigged it!

Self Esteem is "biggin' up yo-self".

High Esteem is "yo-self being bigged-up by others".
"The fat bourgeois and his doppelganger"
Paul Barker
Social Sevices have been notified

#17 Re: 300B valve testing

Post by Paul Barker »

The top of the structure is something which I can relate to in part arrived at mostly by life experiences that trained me where I have had this wrong.

I don't think any of the structure is a linear progression and that levels are ever wholly completed.

But the usefulness and application of the model to my inability to assist the chap who needs valve testing is: sometimes it is OK to take stock of your whole life situation and decide that if there are too many demands on your life resources and abilities of the items portrayed, then such things as valve testing can legitimately be neglected. If you have sufficient self realisation you can say no and maintain your self esteem internally even if someone else is throwing his toys out of the cot because of it.

If I have friends that are on the verge of homelessness (which I do) and I can take time and resources from my own needs on my personal chart to test valves for a stranger with a tester that is crippled and the need to spend a few hours geting it running on my new computer and make a filament supply for 300b's, instead of helping my friend to survive on the lowest level of the structure. Barely any of the needs on the low rung are met in his life. Then my position at the top of the chart is rocked.

I tend to address the cries for help from people placed in front of me in person first and apportion my resources accordingly. I prefer these days to restrict my real friendships to real people not "friends" and "liker's" in the Facebook sense.
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#18 Re: 300B valve testing

Post by Mike H »

pre65 wrote: Sorry, I only paid for the 5 min argument. :lol: :lol:

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
hificricketboy
New User

#19 Re: 300B valve testing

Post by hificricketboy »

And there was me thinking there's been loads of offers from people 5 mins down the road to test my valves.... :roll:
jack
Thermionic Monk Status

#20 Re: 300B valve testing

Post by jack »

Oh, I'm soooooo sorry... I should have made it clearer.... :)

I thought that you had a uTracer anyway?
Vivitur ingenio, caetera mortis erunt
hificricketboy
New User

#21 Re: 300B valve testing

Post by hificricketboy »

Only jesting...I saw a lot of activity and crossed my fingers as I loaded the thread... hey ho!

I've posted the request on a couple of forums but it would appear that 300Bs can't be tested in the West Midlands :) :mrgreen:

I have an amp I could try the valves in but not sure I want to risk it tbh. I don't have any other means of testing them.