Shed dweller

#46 Re: Saiga - Discuss

Post by cressy »

What have I done? I asked a question
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#47 Re: Saiga - Discuss

Post by pre65 »

OK, accepting the design brief that Scott was given, how would Richard have responded ?

Genuine question.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#48 Re: Saiga - Discuss

Post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

What would I have designed instead. Well I would never have been given the job as music would have been my reference not all this claptrap.

My pro company was Tresham Audio, I had PA speaker and studio speaker designs ready for production, but the early 80's recession fecked me, and Tannoy took it on and made a complete pigs ear of it.

I design now for the domestic market, but if I was looking to design a studio monitor then it would depend on how it was wanted to be used, near field of for scale in a sensible acoustic.
Greg
Social outcast

#49 Re: Saiga - Discuss

Post by Greg »

And so the Pygmalion exercise continues. Pork is Pork is Pig. All the liberalism isn't working and doesn't make a blind bit of difference. The Pork is always Pig. Please get back to basics. RD is fundamentally a very aggressively rude man. He knows no other way of expressing himself through his keyboard other than in an aggressive, rude and generally offensive manner. As soon as he goes on such an attack and is then challenged, he immediately assumes the position of victim and bleats Ad Hominem. Pathetic! He is a grumpy old man, very much set in his ways as far as the industry is concerned. There may be some value in what he has to say but he alienates himself away from reasonable discussion because he is incapable of doing so without his aggressively ignorant manner. Funilly, when put on the spot in the last question to him, his reply is a bit of a 'flounce', a term he particularly likes to use.

Frankly I am thoroughly pissed off reading Steve's grovelling and placating posts in this respect and I have no further respect for those with a liberal agenda wanting to be inclusive towards such an obnoxious individual, especially as his return here has, coupled with a few of his groupies brought nothing but discent from what was commonly good. If you really want to understand Richard Dunn and get to understand him, spend a few weeks visiting HFS. Then you will realise what a totally unpleasant and obnoxious hypocrite he narcissistically is. No Richard, I wrote that for the benefit of others, not you.

There is no doubt very good reason why RD is the Paraih of the HiFi industry and it has nothing to do with him challenging design principles, manufacturing marketing strategies, his challenge about inflated retail prices or his criticism of the dealer (slurp, slurp, slurp) costumer relationship. No, it is all simply down to his completely obnoxious attitude and ahborant personality. End of. The sooner some of you apologists wake up to it, the better for all here.

Finally, I noted that RD earlier tried to put an unforgivable blade between father and son. I doubt that ever had a chance, but surely it highlights exactly the sort of despicable person he really is. Come on, please wake up!
Cressy Snr
Amstrad Tower of Power

#50 Re: Saiga - Discuss

Post by Cressy Snr »

As the tornado of Daily Mail outrage, torch and pitchfork wielding gathers apace, once more,
which it must, and the cycle goes into perpetual repeat, I bring a couple of calming gifts, which will explain why several of us continue to drown in a sea of fulmination, apoplexy and righteous indignation.
I am no longer drowning in that noisy maelstrom. :flower: :faroah:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Last edited by Cressy Snr on Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:20 am, edited 4 times in total.
Sgt. Baker started talkin’ with a Bullhorn in his hand.
shane
Social outcast

#51 Re: Saiga - Discuss

Post by shane »

Nick, help! Where's the popcorn smiley?
The world looks so different after learning science. For example, trees are made of air, primarily. When they are burned, they go back to air, and in their flaming heat is released the flaming heat of the Sun which was bound in to convert air into tree.
Sir Cedric Minge
User

#52 Re: Saiga

Post by Sir Cedric Minge »

pre65 wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:00 amYou have no "experience" of me at all excepting words on a computer screen. Whether you take anything I say seriously, or not, is up to you. I'm not on a crusade to convince you of anything, just stating my opinion, which on here is as valid as yours.
Ahhhh, my dear old Noddy! How there devil are you my good man? The problem with your comments, both here and elsewhere, is that you add nothing of any substance to any hi-fi related conversation I see you partake in. If you were to address the topic, rather than the individual, you might be taken a touch more seriously. Would it be remiss of me to perhaps suggest that a change of username is in order? My good lady wife suffered with a debilitating aliment, the symptoms and pain she suffered in the area of discomfort would seem to sum you up to a tee old boy! So from this moment onward you will be simply known as Thrush :mrgreen:
Greg wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:57 am There is no doubt very good reason why RD is the Paraih of the HiFi industry and it has nothing to do with him challenging design principles, manufacturing marketing strategies, his challenge about inflated retail prices or his criticism of the dealer (slurp, slurp, slurp) costumer relationship. No, it is all simply down to his completely obnoxious attitude and ahborant personality. End of. The sooner some of you apologists wake up to it, the better for all here.
Would you be the same Greg who too advantage of the NVA loan scheme, borrowed a BMU and promptly opened the unit up under the pretense that it had been damaged in transit? If you are one and the same, it says it all really! Another bounder and cad of the highest order, who's subsequent comments following that unfortunate episode are forever tainted with the utter embarrassment at being caught out. Not a good show old boy! If there was a naughty step, you my dear fellow would have a season ticket :bounce:

Now, I know what some of you might be thinking, but you'd be wrong. I'm no Dicky apologist or RD sycophant like DQ. But in the name of all that is mighty, remove your collective blinkers, look past the rudeness and rhetoric dear old Dickies posts and the message remains constant and unwavering. He certainly doesn't suffer fools gladly, which is why Noddy and Greg will always be the pair of irritating stalking bounders they clearly both are. Neither has anything constructive to add to the debate, its simple envy and poor self esteem on both counts. They are keyboard warriors with axes to grind, sting them up by their goolies and let the hungry birds peck at their collective consternation! Don't be like the lemmings and sheep we see on other hi-fi forums, see the bigger picture Dickie paints. Sage (if sometimes poorly chosen) words from somebody still passionate enough to continually keep trying to show us the errors of our ways.

And finally, another vote of thanks for our leader here, dear old Nicholas, for simply allowing freedom of speech, something not allowed on the Art of Smut, TAS, PFM or pretty much elsewhere else for that matter :lol:

There resteth todays sermon, so tally-ho chaps :flower:
Last edited by Sir Cedric Minge on Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The mischievous Phileas Fogg of hi-fi fora.
Always find time for a bit of tiffin dear boy!
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#53 Re: Saiga

Post by pre65 »

Sir Cedric Minge wrote:
Ahhhh, my dear old Noddy! . If you were to address the topic, rather than the individual, you might be taken a touch more seriously.
But that is all I am doing Minge, in my inimitable style :grin:

And, on balance, I'd still rather be a Noddy than a Minge (or what's underneath one). :lol: :lol:
Last edited by pre65 on Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

Edmund Burke

Michael L
Old Hand

#54 Re: Saiga - Discuss

Post by Michael L »

Deleted post. Can we have our forum back please?
Last edited by Michael L on Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#55 Re: Saiga - Discuss

Post by pre65 »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:38 am What would I have designed instead. Well I would never have been given the job as music would have been my reference not all this claptrap.

My pro company was Tresham Audio, I had PA speaker and studio speaker designs ready for production, but the early 80's recession fecked me, and Tannoy took it on and made a complete pigs ear of it.

I design now for the domestic market, but if I was looking to design a studio monitor then it would depend on how it was wanted to be used, near field of for scale in a sensible acoustic.
Well, that was a really informative post Richard. Is there more to come, or is that it ?

Edmund Burke

Cressy Snr
Amstrad Tower of Power

#56 Re: Saiga - Discuss

Post by Cressy Snr »

Oh and BTW,
I'm not wasting my time reading the PMs that have turned up, so if the senders would kindly delete them from their outboxes. There's good fellows. Anything needed to be said can be said in public, I don't mind; look forward to it actually. It'll be interesting :flower:
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#57 Re: Saiga - Discuss

Post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

pre65 wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:40 am
Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:38 am What would I have designed instead. Well I would never have been given the job as music would have been my reference not all this claptrap.

Well, that was a really informative post Richard. Is there more to come, or is that it ?
Its all been like that unless I have had to reply to the ad hominem attacks. Note reply, you should all look to yourselves for reality. BUT experience shows history will be attempted to be re-invented.
Last edited by Dr Bunsen Honeydew on Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#58 Re: Saiga - Discuss

Post by pre65 »

[quote="Dr Bunsen Honeydew"
[/quote]Its all been like that unless I have had to reply to the ad hominem attacks. Note reply, you should all look to yourselves for reality. BUT experience shows history will be attempted to be re-invented.
[/quote]

I might be a bit dense this morning, but what does the above mean ?

I've re read it several times and still can't make head nor tail of it. :?

Edmund Burke

Cressy Snr
Amstrad Tower of Power

#59 Re: Saiga - Discuss

Post by Cressy Snr »

Cressy Snr wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:47 am Oh and BTW,
I'm not wasting my time reading the PMs that have turned up, so if the senders would kindly delete them from their outboxes. There's good fellows. Anything needed to be said can be said in public, I don't mind; look forward to it actually. It'll be interesting :flower:
Its OK chaps, I've deleted them unread myself, no harm done eh. No need for anyone to know who sent them apart from me and the senders themselves :wink:

Better things to do TBH.
Got some more oak veneered OmniMets to plan, a retro radiogram cabinet to get the wood for, and a Transcendent 300B OTL kit to build up for a friend from elsewhere.
Busy Busy Busy 8)
Ali Tait
Eternally single

#60 Re: Saiga - Discuss

Post by Ali Tait »

Let us know how the OTL sounds please Steve, recently built a Mini Beast myself and am very happy with it.