Beresford DAC

Dedicated to the silver disk spinner
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#16 Re: Beresford DAC

Post by pre65 »

andrew Ivimey wrote:I've got a Caiman 2 - its quite good really. I must go over to see Phil and we can compare and contrast. Its just finding the time; since I retired I have never been busier...
There is a recent upgrade chip for the Caiman II, speak to Stan Beresford Andrew.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Paul Barker
Social Sevices have been notified

#17 Re: Beresford DAC

Post by Paul Barker »

I have given up on my non mark II Bushmaster due to no output on any platform now.

There is a Caiman presumably a one on sale at Audio Standard but I wouldn't pay his asking price with postage and he wasn't prepared with an answer about postage costs, so I am in the dark anyway. But after Neal's comments above, probably best not purchased.

So I am presently bidding for a couple of other DAC's on eBay. May not win either or may win both, which wouldn't matter as I would sell on the worst.

Firestone Audio Spitfire DAC has a 24-bit Burr Brown

Peachtree DAC iT

I need optical input whatever I buy.
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein
andrew Ivimey

#18 Re: Beresford DAC

Post by andrew Ivimey »

Well this reminds me. I never did get over to Phil's to compare Caiman 2 with his Bushmaster but my 'quite good actually ' comment re Caiman2 can be translated into '...the best and most versatile DAC I have yet bumped into.'

I don't use it anymore because I am lazy and my main player system now is the dread Devialet Phantom2s.

Tomorrow I get access to my shed with several amps and speakers that need dusting down, a couple of Goldrings and ooooo lots of other stuff. Anticipation!!!!!!
Philosophers have only interpreted the world - the point, however, is to change it. No it isn't ... maybe we should leave it alone for a while.
Paul Barker

#19 Re: Beresford DAC

Post by Paul Barker »

Thanks for the opinion.
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein
Paul Barker

#20 Re: Beresford DAC

Post by Paul Barker »

Stanley may be able to suggest what is the issue with my DAC. Very generous of him to offer support.
Paul Barker

#21 Re: Beresford DAC

Post by Paul Barker »

What a great guy he is. I am sending it to him and he is going to fix and return it for £20.

Top man.
Nick
Site Admin

#22 Re: Beresford DAC

Post by Nick »

Stanley is a good guy, I have noticed he can sometimes be a bit defensive when posting on forums, but I think that is because he has had so much crap directed at him from people who have vested interests that his products affect,
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.