Sticking Drawer Marants CD 67

Dedicated to the silver disk spinner
colin.hepburn
Shed dweller

#1 Sticking Drawer Marants CD 67

Post by colin.hepburn »

Hi All
Anyone got an idea on this when pressing the open button the Drawer only opens half wayout pressing it again it will not full close so disc wont spin up

But if I rock the tray by pressing the open/close button so that the tray is rocking back and forth it's momentum will fully open or fully close the tray and the disc spins up and plays fine

I have replaced the Belt with new one so it's not that yet the tray does seem a bit stiff at the end of travel in both in and out extremes
And suggestions on how to fix this
Colin
The Blues man ImageImage
andrew Ivimey
Social Sevices have been notified

Post by andrew Ivimey »

Respectfully retire the old cd player and buy a newer one - It should be easy to improve on a Manarntz CD67.
Philosophers have only interpreted the world - the point, however, is to change it. No it isn't ... maybe we should leave it alone for a while.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by pre65 »

You could try lubricating the tray mechanism with some KY jelly. :lol:
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
colin.hepburn
Shed dweller

Post by colin.hepburn »

Well I think it could be the tray motor so at less than a fiver with postage it's cheaper than buying a new CD player :)
Philip I just spent and hour cleaning the Grease off and applying some new the player is working fine apart from this resent tray loading problem I fitted a new laser about 18 month ago so everything is good on that side
Colin
The Blues man ImageImage
colin.hepburn
Shed dweller

Post by colin.hepburn »

Hmmm well I think I see what's happing the tray motor on one press of the button turns anticlockwise to open the tray and clockwise to close it seems with the tray only half opening /closing we are out of sync with the motor turns how Realign this may prove difficult to setup :? :idea:
Colin
The Blues man ImageImage
Nick
Site Admin

Post by Nick »

There is normally a limit switch to stop it on the way in and out.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by pre65 »

I've got a box of bits from a CD-75 player if anything is the same.

The limit switches are fixed to the sliding drawer carrier.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
colin.hepburn
Shed dweller

Post by colin.hepburn »

Yep pressing the button you can see the motor turns a number of times in both directions so setting it up for full open and applying the new belt and pressing the button again would close the tray

but it still will only close halfway then opens halfway could still be the motor I suppose

Philip the switch and the motor maybe usefully if it's the same general motor number MABUCHI RF-310TA-11400
Colin
The Blues man ImageImage
colin.hepburn
Shed dweller

Post by colin.hepburn »

Philip You Have PM CD75 Parts
Colin
The Blues man ImageImage
colin.hepburn
Shed dweller

Post by colin.hepburn »

Well I acquired and other Marants 67 today at the knock down price of a tener worth it just for the Tray loading system I thought

turns out this player is the 67 mark 2 and it works fine And as the mark 2 and the standard 67 use the same Tray loader

I thought to try the sticking 67 tray in the 67 mark 2 and it open and closes fine returning it back into the 67 and it sticks again so can't be the motor as i furst thought anyone have a idea as to this problem :?
Colin
The Blues man ImageImage
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Mike H »

The tray is not sticking then must be the control circuit ~ as Nick mentioned there's on-board click buttons to tell it where the tray has got to, or mine has anyway (Philips CDM4 type).

That'd be where I'd start looking next.

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Mike H »

I forgot to mention there is a mechanical aspect to this, i.e. something that actually presses the limit buttons, maybe look there?

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
colin.hepburn
Shed dweller

Post by colin.hepburn »

If I keep pressing the open/close switch the drawer will slide in and out with enough momentum to fully open or close it and start playing

But just one press on the button the drawer will stick in both directions just before end of travel as if the motor is not turning enough times

If the Drawer is not full closed by hand there is a clicking sound when pressing the play button and a no disc display until you open it again or gives the disc a light touch with finger

When I tried the drawer in the other 67 mark 2 player I just connected the open/close motor and held the drawer system it in my hand but it worked fine opens and closes all the way
Colin
The Blues man ImageImage