99.9F - Suzanne Vega

Dedicated to the silver disk spinner
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Mike H »

Interesting, I've never yet noticed a quality problem with iTunes stuff .. Image

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
Cressy Snr
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Cressy Snr »

Mike H wrote:Interesting, I've never yet noticed a quality problem with iTunes stuff .. Image
You're not on your own Mike, neither have I. This seemingly all-pervading assumption that all data reduced files have to be inferior to uncompressed CD gets on my nerves :roll:
Sgt. Baker started talkin’ with a Bullhorn in his hand.
brig001
Old Hand

Post by brig001 »

To be honest, they really are very good. If I listen to a track, I can't tell whether it is CD or itunes, but if I listen to one then the other, I can often tell - just. There seems to be a slight lack of focus on vocals with the itunes download version, but it really is slight and IMHO not enough to spoil the enjoyment. Of course this difference could be down to the way my ipod handles the files and nothing to do with the track itself.
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Mike H »

That is feasible ~ if I play straight off iTunes through the USB adaptor it is good, but at the same time it is "different equipment".

If I then burn a CD with it, and play the CD in a CD player, it sounds like, well, a good CD Image

All I'm saying is there can be audible differences between the two sources.

Incidentally I burn all my CD's with iTunes now.

Mainly because:
A. the 'new' notebook drive can do it properly (currently Taiyo-Yuden CD-R's), but on the other hand, and as well as...

B. it doesn't like Nero Express 5

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
brig001
Old Hand

Post by brig001 »

Hmm, I could try my USB adaptor...

No, scratch that. I have finally got a system that I can just enjoy except one track, and that's fixed now so I'm going to leave well alone and get back to enjoying some music.
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Mike H »

OK then! :D