24 bit CD Transports

Dedicated to the silver disk spinner
al newall
Needs to get out more

Post by al newall »

I've noticed that of the players I've tried, BDP sound better through my DAC (Musical Fidelity A3 24 192k upsampler) than do CDPs via (all via coax digi outputs).
Quite likely.
Some have found that DVD players can be preferable to CD players, when used for CD duties.
Can't comment about Blu ray, don't feel the need for newer technology just yet..
Much to learn there is.
Ali Tait
Eternally single

Post by Ali Tait »

I think Dave Hewitt uses a blu ray as a transport and likes it. Less jitter perhaps?
docfoster
User

Post by docfoster »

Nice to know I'm not completely on my own!
Ben
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Mike H »

al newall wrote:Quite likely.
Some have found that DVD players can be preferable to CD players, when used for CD duties.
I've heard that too. Seems reasonable, if you consider DVD tracks are narrower and the signal bandwidth is suitable for video, then audio CD should be a doddle :D

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
Lee S
Old Hand

Post by Lee S »

I have had a Sony BD player for while now and decided to try it for CDs once. It sounded dreadful TBH, but that was using the Sony internal DAC built into the system. I may try it again just as a transport with a TDA1541A DAC and see what occurs. Sounds promising.

Cheers,
©2020 Lee
docfoster
User

Post by docfoster »

The best audio results from the Sony S760 BDP that I'm using is into a separate DAC.
Lee S
Old Hand

Post by Lee S »

Ahhh.... Mine is a lowly S350... Maybe that's why it sounded so "poor".
©2020 Lee