CD player on the blink

Dedicated to the silver disk spinner
adrian
User

#1 CD player on the blink

Post by adrian »

Hi all

I recently bought Thorsten Loesch's highly modded DV-505 and for a few weeks it has been the most analogue sounding didgital source I've heard. But a couple of days ago it started to skip on a CD, which proved to be slightly scratched. Today it skipped on 3 further CDs before giving up entirely and refusing to start spinning when a CD was inserted.

I wonder if anyone has any ideas about how it might be repaired, whther the transport can be bought (what model was it)?

Thanks

Adrian
Graeme
Needs to get out more

Post by Graeme »

Tried cleaning the lense?
Graeme
Needs to get out more

Post by Graeme »

adrian
User

Post by adrian »

Really helpful Graeme, thanks. Will look into it when I have some time and report back
adrian
User

Post by adrian »

Happily there was not exactly a rush of folk thinking through my problem! For, as Graeme surmised, the lens needed cleaning. Doh!

I also took the opportunity while the cover was removed to polish the amethyst crystals on top of the transport, and to dust the chinese chequer pieces liberally scattered as dampers throughout the innards. The differences have to be heard to be believed (in the sense of 'I believed there would be no difference at all and was indeed unable to hear any')

Adrian
Cyclopse
User

Post by Cyclopse »

Pleased to see you got it fixed. For tracking problems the first thing to visit is cleaning the laser lens.