Tube-Shop.com

Somewhere to tell us of supplies who go the extra mile, or run away with your dosh.
floppybootstomp
Old Hand

#1 Tube-Shop.com

Post by floppybootstomp »

A thumbs-up for these people from me Tube Shop (they are part of a larger group named PM Components).

I needed a couple of nine-pin pcb-mounted valve bases and ordered a couple from Cricklewood Electronics online and they arrived the next day.

But not only were the pins too wide to fit the holes in my pcb, but the pins were too far apart. Furthest distance between pins (dia) was 2cm but that distance on the sockets I wanted to replace was only 1.5cm.

I found a likely contender on Tube-Shop's site and phoned them up to find out if it was suitable.

The lady on the other end of the phone put me on hold and went to the stock place and measured one then confirmed it was the correct measurement. They were called miniature valve bases, btw.

So I ordered a couple on the phone. £1.45 each and total was £3.40 including postage. Most excellent.

Cricklewood's prices were £2.00 each and totalled around £8.60 inc postage as a comparison.

I will definitely use Tube-Shop again methinks.
Relevant boxes ticked - certified loony
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Mike H »

S-P-L-A-S-H-!!

That may explain something. Didn't know that. Used to get all me valves from PMC until they stopped answering my queries Image

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."