PCB CAD Help

For the three and more legged things
colin.hepburn
Shed dweller

#1 PCB CAD Help

Post by colin.hepburn »

Hi All
Anyone know of a good Free Student easy to use PCB Design Software Program that has schematic and layout component placement and auto routing
I have tried Eagle and Dip Trace but just cannot get the hang of then to complicated, I do not want to spend months learning just to use the software
Any ideas lads
Colin
The Blues man ImageImage
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Mike H »

FreePCB. Mostly driven with key stroke combinations.

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
colin.hepburn
Shed dweller

Post by colin.hepburn »

Mike H wrote:FreePCB. Mostly driven with key stroke combinations.
Hi Mike
Cheers, I will have a look in to that
What I would like is a simple place component and tracks autoroute then print but I guess thing are never that easy
Colin
The Blues man ImageImage
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Mike H »

There must be a bit of learning involved unfortunately. What I found is I had to mostly create component outlines for the components I actually want to use.

Components are connected together initially with 'rat lines', you have to put these in to connect things up.

So it won't autoroute unless you say import a LTspice schematic. Even then you only get pre-connected rat lines and you still have to move things around and move the tracks to where you want them to go.

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."