F/S Alpair 12P

Caveat emptor, Caveat venditor
Scottmoose
Needs to get out more

#1 F/S Alpair 12P

Post by Scottmoose »

Up for sale: 3 pairs of Markaudio's flagship Alpair 12P full range drivers.

My very favourite unit in the Markaudio range, possibly because there's a bit of me in the design of this thing. 6 1/2in uncoated paper cone in an 8in fibreglass reinforced polymer basket. Q on the low end of middling; functionally a single-suspension driver (the surround acts as an air-seal only). Very wideband response, low profile cone for enhanced off-axis response, direct-coupled centre dome. Takes off like a rat up a drainpipe. Happy in quite modest box sizes & good as a mid-tweet for baffles etc. too.

Asking £150 per pair + delivery (current UK dealer price is £120 for a single unit, + delivery).
'"That'll do," comes the cry of the perfectionist down the ages.' (James May The Reassembler)
Website www.wodendesign.com
Community sites www.frugal-horn.com & www.frugal-phile.com
Toppsy
Shed dweller

#2 Re: F/S Alpair 12P

Post by Toppsy »

Just to add to Scott's posting of these drivers that these are new unused drivers in their original boxes. Full details and spec's can be found here: https://www.markaudio.com/online_shop/a ... le-driver/

Like Scott these also are my favourite Markaudio driver.
Scottmoose
Needs to get out more

#3 Re: F/S Alpair 12P

Post by Scottmoose »

That'll teach me to write anything when down with chronic lurgy. How I managed not to mention that these are all brand-new-in-box units I'll never know. But that's what they are: all brand-new-in box, matched units.
'"That'll do," comes the cry of the perfectionist down the ages.' (James May The Reassembler)
Scottmoose
Needs to get out more

#4 Re: F/S Alpair 12P

Post by Scottmoose »

Time for a price reduction on these brand-new-in-box Alpair 12Ps.

Now asking £120 for a pair, plus delivery. UK dealer price is currently £120 for a single driver + delivery, so now offering these units at half price.
Attachments
A12P 01.jpg
A12P 02.jpg
A12P 03.jpg
Scottmoose
Needs to get out more

#5 Re: F/S Alpair 12P

Post by Scottmoose »

One pair sold, one provisionally booked, one pair now remaining for the discerning wideband enthusiast. ;)
Scottmoose
Needs to get out more

#6 Re: F/S Alpair 12P

Post by Scottmoose »

Drivers now sold. Many thanks to all for looking, and to those who bought the units; I hope you enjoy them! :)