Shed dweller

#166 Re: G99 and Neat

Post by cressy »

Oh and the other arm is dismantled so it didnt bash into the wall
shane
Social outcast

#167 Re: G99 and Neat

Post by shane »

Sometimes being a persistent perfectionist pays off. That looks absolutely brilliant!
The world looks so different after learning science. For example, trees are made of air, primarily. When they are burned, they go back to air, and in their flaming heat is released the flaming heat of the Sun which was bound in to convert air into tree.
cressy
Shed dweller

#168 Re: G99 and Neat

Post by cressy »

Ta shane

Put the shure on it, that audio technica cheapo thing is rubbish. Ok for testing, couldnt listen to it for long though.

The neat arm is a lovely thing to use so easy to twiddle the setup
cressy
Shed dweller

#169 Re: G99 and Neat

Post by cressy »

it works nicely with a dl103, its in the correct headshell for the arm. The one in the other pic is some shit one i found in the spares box

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#170 Re: G99 and Neat

Post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Looks brilliant, struggling at the moment as it is playing Radio 3 :shock: It looks like I will have to run an arm earth as when I touch the arm it buzzes.

Just teething stuff.
cressy
Shed dweller

#171 Re: G99 and Neat

Post by cressy »

Is it the main arm that is buzzing or the rear arm?
I didnt have any earthing issues with the main arm.
Way I had it set up was plugged into the denon step up and the step up into the benedict audio phono stage. I had an earth wire between the step up earth post and phono earth post.
The main arm has 5 pins on the pillar and no separate arm earth on the cable, so presumably is earthed down one of the cable earths.

The other arm has 4 pins so i dont think it has a connection to the wand for screening. I didnt use that one as it had a din plug on the cable and I didnt want to start chopping your cables up
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#172 Re: G99 and Neat

Main arm - I wasn't blaming you. It is probably just from being plugged into different system. It looks like the Neat Pro arm was set up to be strapped to the turntable mostly by being mounted on a metal TT top, which is why it doesn't need an arm earth lead. It worked with yours as the arm neg wire was tied to the case earth of your amp which is tied to the mains earth as with all Class I products. NVA being Class II there is no case earth so the arm is floating off the earth so acts as a good radio aerial. Solution, either earth strap the arm to the G99 chassis which has mains earth, or fit an earth lead to the arm to run back to the phono unit. Not a big problem either way, as I said just teething trouble.
cressy
Shed dweller

#173 Re: G99 and Neat

Post by cressy »

Didnt think you were
Presumably those arms would have been built into a console similar to an emt or sp10
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#174 Re: G99 and Neat

Yup! Japanese broadcast equivalent . The arm predates the SP10, so I would bet it was an idler drive copy of a US broadcast TT, or Garrard or Lenco, and knowing the Japanese companies probably better engineered. But we have never seen or heard of them.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=japan ... 36&bih=759
Bigman80
User

#175 Re: G99 and Neat

Post by Bigman80 »

Love that G99. Very spesh.

I read a bit further back that you rated the AT arm highly, Doc. Have you ever tried an AT-1010? If so what did you think. Or anyone for that matter!